Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Smile


Hi guys!How all of u have been doing? Well, i'm gonna continue writing about my story and the transition from the world of legal profession to become a commercial pilot.

So, back to the story, after been thinking again and again on which path to choose, i decided to enroll in the matriculation centre of IIUM in 2002, to read law. In matric, the schedule was packed with so many subjects. It so happened that on the first day we attended one class and the subject was Islamic Legal History, we need to introduce ourselves by writing our names, ages, schools and lastly - ambitions on a piece of paper.

So what i wrote was that i wanted to become a commercial pilot. When she read my paper, the lecturer asked which one is me, then i raised my hand. She smiled. I thought she's just being cynical as if telling - "if u wanted to become a commercial pilot then what the heck are u doing now in my Islamic Legal History class instead of Navigation or Meteorology?"

After class, she asked me about my plan and so on, and i told her that i'm gonna pursue my dream again after graduation. Again, she smiled . Then she asked, "why are u here?Is it ur parents' choice or yours? I replied, "i want to get a law degree first as law is my second interest.I'd save the best for last,and yes - IT IS my choice, madam."

She kept smiling. Then she said, "It's a very good plan, at least u know what to do. By the way, my husband is a First Officer in Malaysia Airlines". I startled. Then, i told myself, "patutla asyik senyum je, laki dia pilot rupenye" :) The story continues...

p/s
Senyum itu sedekah, oleh itu - Senyum Sokmo :)

5 comments:

farahanim said...

hope that u can achieve ur dream to become a pilot..insyaallah..

THE DRIFTER said...

Thank you, insya'allah :)

Faiz Nasir said...

so now, are you in MFA? when did u enroll there? hehehe, speakinm nah, kehkehkeh

THE DRIFTER said...

Tu lah, kencek oram putes nanggom,hehehehe, kawe x duk MFA lagi, kawe masuk 16hb nih boh, guano training demo lenih?Beres?

Faiz Nasir said...

bereh2 aye laa, letis, tapi full of fun, ingt ko xdok dh assgment nga presentation, rupo2nyo ado algih, adeh laa, ca6 hujung bule dec nih, pah 2 ca2 kejap, pahtuh smbg flying, lonih baru 5jey, adeh